DISCOVER STEEL IN IMAGES !
The eagerly awaited “Active Shopping Resort”, Steel will offer its visitors a powerful commercial program, generous biodiversity and an arty visitor experience full of surprises. Below is a little preview of what you will discover at Steel, starting September 16th !
“Steel is taking shape a little more every day. Companies, retailers and the entire Steel team are working hard to welcome our visitors from September 16 at 10 a.m. We can’t wait to introduce Stéphanois and Ligériens to all the surprises and attentions that Steel has in store for them ” Josselin Durand, Director of Steel.
A beautiful collection of brands
An attractive and varied offer of shopping, entertainment and restaurants, perfect for families, is being prepared at Steel. The merchandising mix is structured around powerful brands in the main merchant universes :
- Home and decoration: Leroy Merlin (this new concept of 14,000 s.qm, at the cutting edge of innovation, will offer 13 universes and atmospheres, from carpentry to tools, including the materials yard, coaches to support the design and realization of projects and a DIY space which will offer many workshops), Maisons du Monde (this new 2000 s.qm flagship will offer decoration, lighting, textiles, tableware and furniture), Boulanger, Flying Tiger among others
- Fashion for the whole family: H&M, Mango, Gémo, Chaussea, Kiabi, Idkids, Tape à l’œil, Jennyfer, Promod, Black Store…
- A wide range of restaurants and gourmet breaks: Woko, Old Wild West, Steak’n’shake, Mc Donald’s (with a Drive and a Mc Café), Les 3 Brasseurs, Italian Trattoria, Fresh Burritos, BCHEF, Le Clos Deville (macarons Franck Deville) …
- Sport and leisure: Decathlon (this new very urban concept of 4,500 s.qm offers a great range of fitness, yoga, pilates, combat sports but also cycles and urban sliding as well as a bicycle repair workshop), The Green Escape Game and, for athletes, Basic Fit, Aquavélo, the Bella Dance studio. Seven Squares, a multi-activity complex which offers bowling, climbing, laser game, virtual reality and a playground over 5,400 s.qm, will join Steel in a second phase.
- Pets are not forgotten with Maxi Zoo !
Biodiversity in the spotlight
At Steel, special attention has been paid to biodiversity thanks to 1,000 trees and 48,000 shrubs, from the regional flora of Pilat, which have already taken root and the integration of ecological furniture aimed at developing and promoting biodiversity (nesting boxes, beehives, insect hotel). With 35,000 s.qm of green spaces, it is a veritable green promenade, designed by the landscape architect BASE, which will delight visitors. They will be able to admire 2 majestic pines, 9 and 10 meters high, aged 32 to 36 years, as well as a 48 years old, just as impressive at 11 meters high. Designed by Apsys in a logic of sustainable development, Steel seeks the best certifications, in particular the specialized label Biodivercity.
A generous and arty visit experience
In the midst of the vegetation, visitors can enjoy welcoming play and rest areas. Their journey will be punctuated by poetic works of art inspired by local DNA, which will appear this summer. A magnificent sculpture of a little girl named Lucie will welcome visitors to Steel. For the realization of this delicate and poetic work, the artist David MESGUICH, was inspired by the culture of Saint-Etienne: Lucie holds a pine cone (or « babet » in gaga, regional language of Saint-Etienne) in her hands, in reference to the miners who, in the past, collected pine cones in the forest to warm the family home. The babet therefore symbolizes warmth, comfort and family. Steel will also be a great field of expression for the street artist, Zdey, who displays all his creativity and his very colorful graphic universe. Through the creation of three spectacular murals and the covering on the ground of a monumental staircase and a very attractive playground for young and old « riders », he invites visitors into his shimmering world imbued with positive energy while injecting various local references into its frescoes.
To follow all of Steel’s news, visit Steel’s new website : https://www.steel-saint-etienne.fr/